From ensuring that the working conditions of its suppliers’ employees are decent, to endeavour sourcing products or services that are sustainable and favour circularity models, to addressing socio-economic issues such as inequality and poverty – sustainable procurement plays a key role in all these elements
This toolkit provides the building blocks to procurement measurement and reduction best practices.
It focuses on:
1. The importance of sustainable procurement
2. The benefits of sustainable procurement
3. How can businesses ensure the sustainable procurement of goods and services?
4. Policies and procedures for sustainable procurement
5. Engaging and communicating to relevant internal staff
6. The Planet Mark methodology
Illustrator: Alice Bowsher